Originally, Stacy S from Indianapolis, IN called Bone Dry to have her chimney inspected due to some leaking that had been happening since May. It was noticed that there was some leaking in the roof as well. We sent our sales representative Alec out to check out the damage and see how we could fix this problem. The chimney has some crumbling bricks and there were cracks in various places in the mortar. Once we started to tear off the stone we noticed the wood framing was toast, there was a lot of rotting and this frame needed to be completely torn out and rebuilt.
We tore down the chimney completely, we removed the old rain cap, storm collar, and chimney cap. Removed the chimney down to the roofline (approx 220 sq ft). She was given the option to do another stone chimney or to do a sided chimney, she decided to go with siding. After rebuilding the chimney with all new plywood this chimney was ready for the siding to be added. Stacy provided us with a paint color she wanted so we primed and painted the siding and the trim. A new stainless steel chimney cap with drip edge, rain cap, and storm collar were put on and we ended this project with the flashing. Stacy was very pleased with her brand new chimney!
our service area